Ephriam Pierce and Almira Nickerson
Mary Leona Pierce's parents were Ephriam Pierce and Almira Nickerson.
Ephriam Pierce, son of ?? and ??, was born circa 1842 in Argyle Sound or Lower Argyle Sound, Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia.
He married Almira Nickerson, daughter of John Nickerson and Mary Adams. See the Nickersons for John and Almira's ancestors.
Ephriam and Almira may have had as many as nineteen children. All the ones we know of are listed below.
- Davis Pierce, married Liza Malon.
- William Pierce, married Sadie Malon.
- James Pierce, married Isabelle Morton.
- Ruth Pierce, married Cleveland Morton.
Children of Cleveland Morton and Ruth Pierce:
- Helen Morton
- Jesse Morton
- Velma Morton
- Wilson Morton
- Charles Pierce, married Anne Hamilton.
- Ephriam Pierce, II, married Mattie Hamilton.
- Joseph Pierce, married Rachael Nickerson.
- Annie Elizabeth (Eliza) Pierce, married Phinneas Goodwin, brother of Sylvanus Goodwin and Watson Goodwin.
Children of Phinneas Goodwin and Annie Elizabeth Pierce:
- Milton Goodwin
- Delston Goodwin, married Mildred ??
- Herbert Goodwin, married Sylvia ??
- Doris Goodwin, married Phillip Towers
- Neeta Goodwin
- Mary Leona Pierce, born in 1879 in Argyle, Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia.
Died in 1936 in Oak Park, Shelburne County, Nova Scotia.
Buried in Riverdale Cemetery, Barrington, Shelburne County, Nova Scotia.
Married Sylvanus Goodwin, son of Edward Goodwin and Matilda Nickerson.
See Sylvanus Goodwin and Mary Leona Pierce for their descendants.
- Thomas Pierce, married ??.
- Howard Pierce, married Loretta Nickerson.
- Velvan Pierce, married Lelia Mae Daley.
Children of Velvan Pierce and Lelia Mae Daley:
- Robert Velvan Pierce
- Mary Leona Pierce
- Adelbert Pierce, married Evelyn Nightingale.
- Jed Pierce, died in infancy.